4 Cake Slices to try at Calea in Bacolod City

Calea Pastries and Coffee Shop is popular in Bacolod City. It has become a habit for tourists to drop by and sample the cakes at Calea. Back in 2013, my team of facilitators from Cebu Teambuilding Services had our obligatory Calea dessert. This was after we did a program in nearby Murcia town.





At Calea, we asked the cashier about their bestselling items. They were happy to make suggestions. We gamely ordered what they recommended.

Here's what we had:

Chocolate Custard 

Calea's chocolate custard is an interesting blend. It's a fusion of the bitterness of chocolate and the sweetness of custard. When you don't want it too sweet, this is the Calea cake for you. It also has a very rich chocolate icing on top.

Chocolate custard cake at Calea
Chocolate custard



Caramel Pecan Pie a la Mode 

Pecan nuts, caramel, and vanilla ice cream on a thick and sweet crust. That's an amazing combination on a pie at Calea. You will love this if you love both nuts and vanilla ice cream.

Caramel pecan pie a la mode at Calea
Caramel pecan pie a la mode



Blueberry Cheesecake

The blueberry cheesecake is one of Calea's top-selling items. I'm no big fan of blueberries so I really wouldn't understand. My gang loved it. I prefer my cheesecake without the blueberry jam.

Blueberry cheesecake at Calea
Blueberry cheesecake


White Cheesecake

Of the four cake slices we tried, the white cheesecake was my favorite. Extra cheese toppings makes it even more delicious. They served this with jam too. But I always prefer to eat my cheesecake plain.

White cheesecake at Calea
White cheesecake



This was way before I was diagnosed with diabetes. The cakes were so sweet. We did not care to order beverages and just settled for plain service water. It was all worth it.

Have you tried the cakes at Calea in Bacolod City? What are your favorites? You may share them in the comments below.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment